Mobile Trial 1

Friday 27 October 2017

Research On or Research In - Usage of noun form of research

If you are someone who does a lot of research in English to make sure that you frame sentences grammatically correct, your research might have already landed at the word 'research' and some of you might feel stranded about whether to use 'research on' or 'research in' in your sentences. The clarification for this is simple. Firstly, remember that both the phrases 'research on' and 'research in' are correct. It's about the usage of these phrases. Take a look at the following examples.

1. I am doing my research in English.
2. I am doing my research on grammar.


Researches can be done on anything. But, if the field in which you do the research is a big one, the preposition 'in' has to be used. Everywhere else, the preposition 'on' is used. The following examples will give you better clarity on the difference between 'research on' and 'research in'.

3. I am doing my research on cardiology.
4. I am doing my research in Science.
5. Andy is doing his research on psychology.
6. Federer's research on single-handed backhand is finally a success.

Feel free to post your queries.

No comments:

Post a Comment